Parkview Creative is committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (“GDPR”). Parkview Creative understands the importance of keeping your personal data safe, private and secure and any personal information that you share is treated with the utmost security and confidentiality.
HOW DOES PARKVIEW CREATIVE COLLECT INFORMATION?
If you communicate with us via our website, email or social media pages, or sign up for newsletters or enter giveaways, we may collect personal data about you.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT, HOW IS IT USED AND HOW LONG DO WE KEEP IT FOR?
When you purchase from Parkview Creative, we collect your name, email address and postal address. If it is a physical item, this is only retained for as long as needed to send the item to you. If it is a digital product, your name and email address is only retained for as long as needed to complete the creative process.
Parkview Creative E-Newsletter:
When you sign up for our e-newsletter, either on the website or via a giveaway or promotion, we collect your name and email address. We will request your consent to send you the e-newsletter at the point of your subscription via Mailchimp. MailChimp are self-certified to the EU-US Privacy Shield and are committed to GDPR compliance. Their privacy notice can be found here.
You can stop receiving the e-newsletter in the following ways:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any email you receive
- By email, quoting “Unsubscribe” and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your name and email address is retained for only as long as you remain subscribed (i.e. you do not unsubscribe) or if we decide to cancel the e-newsletter service, whichever occurs first.
When you comment on a blog post, we collect your name and email address. This enables the filter of spam comments and is not used for any other purpose. You will notice that on the comment form there is a tick box which gives consent for us to store and handle your data.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
No information collected by Parkview Creative will be sold, rented or loaned to any third parties or companies. We may disclose information if we are requested or required to do so by a regulator or law enforcement body.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We ensure that we implement appropriate physical and computer security controls alongside organisational measures to keep your information secure, accurate and up to date and that we only keep it for as long as is necessary or for as long as the law requires.
Although we use appropriate security measures once we have received your personal information, the transmission of information over the internet is never completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of the information transmitted to our website, and this is done at the user’s own risk.
Under GDPR law you have the following rights regarding the personal data we process about you:
- Right of Access – you can request to know what personal information we have about you. We will tell you what personal information we have, what our purpose is for processing the data, who else may have access to it and how long we will hold the data for.
- Right to Rectification – if you think the data we hold is inaccurate, you can notify us and we will change it accordingly
- Right to Erasure – if you gave us consent to process your information, you can withdraw your consent at any time and we will delete your personal data. If you feel that our processing of your information no longer meets the original purpose we notified you about at the point we collected your data or you feel that we are processing it unlawfully, you can request to have your information removed
- Right to Restrict Processing – If you contest the accuracy or the lawfulness of our data processing, you have the right to restrict us processing the data until the issues been investigated and rectified
- Right to Object – you may object to us processing your personal information
For further information on your rights under GDPR please see https://gdpr-info.eu/chapter-3/
If you would like a copy of your personal information, request:
- By email, quoting “Personal Information Request” and send to email@example.com
VERIFYING YOUR IDENTITY
When you exercise one of your rights under the GDPR, we are required by law to use all reasonable measures to verify your identity before we can action the request. This will be in the form of supplying a utility bill and photographic evidence such as passport or driving licence.